The smart and natural look of brick can now be used to stunning effect in the design of mid to high-rise buildings, new construction and re-cladding projects, through this unique cladding system that is CORIUM.
Innovative and versatile, the CORIUM system comprises brick tiles specially manufactured to fix mechanically to an HPS200 galvanised steel backing section. These profiled lengths are mounted in horizontal rows onto a vertical support system and the brick tiles are then clipped in place. The mechanical 'clipping' feature is unique to CORIUM and ensures a high strength façade that enables some adjustment of brick tile position during installation. Mortar is added using a pump system.
CORIUM can be used with a wide range of substructures, including concrete, timber frame, structural steel, lightweight steel frames, masonry and structurally insulated panels. It can be mounted at any angle to achieve some truly dynamic finishes – even overhead for soffits and ceilings. Decorative and textural patterns, as well as mosaic, are easily achieved to add that extra dimension to project design. And with the large and exciting range of colours and textures available, the possibilities provided by this unique building material are limitless.
Strong and durable
- Anticipated design life of 60 years in most applications
- Uses HPS200 galvanised steel, or Grade 304 stainless steel backing section (stainless steel below the DPC and in exposure areas)
Fast and simple installation
- Considerably faster than traditional brickwork to install
- Speeds up the construction process
- Reduced construction costs
Versatile and empowering
- Offers the flexibility, versatility and subtlety to create original designs
- Blends with, or complements, new buildings or refurbishment projects
- Mosaic and decorative patterns are easily achieved
- Variety of sizes and selection of specials, means bespoke bonding patterns are realised without compromising performance, or construction time
Cost-effective and certified
- Suitable for use with a wide range of substructures, including concrete, timber-frame, structural steel, lightweight steel frames, masonry and structurally insulated panels
- Lightweight - buildings may benefit from simpler, lower cost foundations
- Supply and fix solution through PGH Bricks & Pavers’ network of recognised installers
CORIUM. Key features.
- The natural beauty of real brick
- Extensive range of cladding colours and textures
- True design flexibility
- Unique and innovative system
- Saves time and money
- Industry tested
- Supply and fix, through PGH Bricks & Pavers
- Design and technical support – from specification to build